Flintshire Yeomanry Cavalry
It's formation was first arranged, at a meeting of some gentlemen from the county, at Hawarden Castle, on the 30th December, 1830, at which the Commandant consented to assume command. A communication was soon afterwards made to the Government, through the Lord Lieutenant, and its establishment recived the royal sanction, on the 27th January, 1831.
The Regimental Sergeant-Major of the 2nd (Queen's Bays) Dragoon Guards, William Ramsden, was engaed on the 1st of March. The Yeomanry was made up of four Troops, Border Troop, Hawarden Troop, Mold Troop and Holywell Troop. The Yeomanry was disbanded on the 31st of March 1838.

The Royal Maylor Yeomanry Cavalry
Research by the late Robert Smith
The Royal Maylor Yeomanry was formed in 1803 by Sir Richard Puleston in the 100 of Maylor which is a detached portion of the country of Flint in the year 1803. The Royal Maylor were disbanded in 1828 but then reformed in 1830 and finally disbanded in 1837.
The Royal Maylor Yeomanry were part of what was known as the Maylor Legion, which consisted of four Troops of Cavalry and several Rifle companies. The uniform buttons are R.M.C and not R.M.Y. That is because the Royal Maylor Yeomanry were the cavalry contingent of the Legion.

Dress Jacket

Officer's Bell Top Shako circa 1830

Representation of the horse hair black over red fall over from a red plume.

No.1 Jacket

Girdle, 1812-30.